What will be different this year?
- Teachers and SNAs will be wearing visors or masks when a 2m distance cannot be maintained
- Parents are welcome to wear face coverings in the yard
- Children under 13 are not expected to wear face coverings
- Children will be sanitising their hands under adult supervision before and after using any learning equipment, before and after handling their books, before eating, and after coming indoors
- Children will be having lessons on hand hygiene, cough and sneeze etiquette, and distancing while walking in the line
- Children will be staying and playing with their OWN CLASS ONLY ( their “bubble”) all day
- A very limited group of adults (class teacher, SNA and support teacher) will be working with the children
- Staff will be working and taking breaks in small teams to reduce interactions and increase distancing
- We will be implementing strict cleaning procedures twice a day
- Children will not come into school if they are unwell in any way
- Staff members will not come to school if they are unwell
- Classrooms and corridors will be well ventilated
- Children will be playing outdoors every day whatever the weather and will be need to be dressed appropriately
- A one-way system will operate on the school grounds in the morning
- We request that parents and children remain in safely spaced family groups while waiting at the gates or in the yard
- Parents will not be allowed into the building except by appointment but we will stay in touch with brief outdoor chats, text message, email and phone calls.
- Meetings will take place only by appointment in safely spaced, well-ventilated environment.
- We expect all families to cooperate fully with all our safety procedures
- Any child who is not well will be minded by a member of staff in the parents’ room until they are collected by a parent
- All details on advice and procedures for schools are available on the website www.gov.ie/backtoschool.
What will be the same?
Like every other new school year, we all look forward to getting back to teaching, learning and reconnecting with friends.
As always, your children’s safety, health, wellbeing and learning are our priority.